It's taken us a while to get to these beans, as we had to get through our open ones first, but wowser! They taste amazing, with Milk, Soy or even black! Will definitely purchase again
All Coffee is sold as Whole beans.
Candyman is our flagship espresso blend, launched in 2010 and still going strong!
A combination of our favourite in-season coffees put together to create sweet, balanced espresso, with or without milk.
Served Black: grape, plum, lemon pastry, dark chocolate
With milk: sweet, malted milk, macadamia butter
Components are frequently rotated to ensure broad consistency of the taste profile, cycling through direct purchases from the same producers who also make up our favourite featured “single” coffee products. Candyman features the following coffees:
- Marcelo Perez, from Huehuetenango, Guatemala
- regional lot from Planadas, Tolima, Colombia
- Hunda Oli Cooperative, Limu, Ethiopia
It's important to us that blends comprise quality ingredients that are proudly identified and no less wholesomely purchased. Candyman presently showcases a freshly-arrived Colombian regional lot we've built from small producer friends based around Planadas, Tolima (members of ASOPEP cooperative). Our “friends and neighbours” purchases are super sweet, clean and well processed like all of our purchases, but simply do not possess the distinguishing characteristics (or volume sufficiency) that enable us to feature them on their own.
- All contributors to Candyman have received price premiums that reflect their artisan efforts and “livelihood” remuneration. Specifically, Marcelo received Q1300 per quintal (almost double the prevailing Fairtrade price at the time) and the Ethiopian micro-lot was purchased not less than 2.25 times the prevailing market price in February 2020 when the lot was purchased.
- For more info on brewing your coffee for maximum enjoyment, check out the